Keeping the capital’s tube network immaculate
Work never ceases to keep the capital’s transport network running and offering a great service to passengers.
Mansion House, one of the oldest stations on the world’s first underground rail network, opened in 1871 as the eastern terminus of the extended Metropolitan District Railway. The days of gas-lit wooden carriages may be long gone, but the work to improve facilities is ongoing, and The TP Group was approached to redecorate the station as part of refurbishment works being carried out by our client ICC City Ltd.
Served by the Circle and District Lines, the remedial works on the tube station involved painting the external walls where rust had developed and run down the walls of the station entrances. All walkways and stair cores leading out to the entrance had to be repainted, which took 6-8 weeks to complete. The team also had to keep returning to the site occasionally to touch up works that had been damaged by passengers or the weather.
Taking its name from the Lord Mayor of the City of London’s official residence, Mansion House remained operational throughout the redecoration works. Periods of bad weather also presented a challenge, however, through their sheer professionalism, our contracts manager and specialist team managed the workload skilfully and completed the job on time through constant liaison with the client.