Evoking the essence of BVLGARI – painting a luxury store
This store acts as a celebration of Italian luxury brand BVLGARI’s essence and history. Dating back to 1884, it was expertly designed by New York architect Peter Marino. BVLGARI are synonymous with high end jewellery, watches, fragrances, accessories and leather goods, and the majority of the design, production and marketing was overseen and executed by the brand itself.
The project is a great example of how doing stellar work generates more work. Coinciding with the refurbishment of the Louis Vuitton outlet, BVLGARI took the time to see the works to the store. They were so impressed with our workmanship, that we were invited to attend their premises and price up the decorations to the shop front, also in Bond Street, London.
Swathes of marble envelope the two-storey space and the Condotti star, which is the brand’s emblem as well as a signifier of cosmic order. The star greets visitors as they approach a sunken doorway, which is an exact replica of the brand’s 1930s Rome boutique on the famous Via dei Condotti luxury shopping street. With the high ceilings, we had to work off towers to apply Zinnster Allcoat paint to the masonry, windows, balustrades and decorative finishes.
We had a very tight deadline for this job, and our team had to complete it by working four nights in a row. But it was an incredible opportunity to restore this flagship store to how it should be – evoking the essence and long heritage of the renowned brand.